Evidence suggests that the act of formally signing up to a scholarship program can foster a sense of empowerment, structure and/or commitment to treatment management plans. The Be Inspired Foundation’s funded services and program will be explained to the beneficiary and all parties will agree on a treatment and engagement plan following a medical case conference. Those from non-English-speaking backgrounds, those with poor english literacy, and similar complex candidates will be afforded appropriate consideration.
TARGET BENEFICIARIES POPULATION
- Youth, under 18 years of age at time of commencement
- Low socioeconomic bracket, eligible for a Centrelink Health Care Card
- Would benefit from active rehabilitation (exercise, modified diet and/or counselling) to help treat:
- Chronic disease
- Major Trauma
TARGET GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATIONS FOR SERVICE DELIVERY
Initial services will be provided to our target population within the Perth metropolitan area, and may extend to the Bunbury region and similar rural locations where teleconference facilities are publically available.
FLOW CHART OF SERVICE DELIVERY
- Initially there will be one sponsorship level offered to the beneficiary. In recognition that some candidates may require higher levels of care than others, subject to funding and demand, the Be Inspired Foundation may consider introducing bronze, silver and gold funding levels.
- The current sponsorship will allocate up to $2,000 towards an active rehabilitation treatment plan, to be delivered over a 12-month period.
- If excess funds remain they are to be made available to new beneficiaries.
Owing to the recent establishment of the Be Inspired Foundation, beneficiary scholarships will initially be limited. However, increased capacity to provide additional scholarships year-on-year, is an exciting prospect to offer further beneficiaries, subject to funding availability.
If you have read the above and you feel your child meets the strict target population listed above and you have medical support endorsing the engagement of exercise, diet and/or counselling then please contact us to express interest.